Play Pro’s production of Fairy Tale Courtroom

Karen Danner, Staff Writer

This year the play production class is featuring Fairy Tale Courtroom, directed by seniors Kasey Julian and Anthony Combs. The children’s show features “classic fairy-tale villains on trial”, including: the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood and the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz, who are both on trial for the crimes they’ve committed.

The fairy tale characters that are incorporated into the show are Little Red, the Three Little Pigs, Dorothy, Hansel and Gretel, Snow White (along with her prince and several of the dwarves),  and Sleeping Beauty. Many of the cast members play a second role, bringing in the different characters to the Witness Stand.

“It’s been really cool watching the whole thing come together,” Senior, Alli Smith stated, “Everyone’s hard work and dedication has really paid off, and we’re just excited to be able to bring this to the community. Even the ‘minor’ roles have big parts, and that’s part of what makes this so special. Everyone has a chance to be in the spotlight.”

THE SHOW SCHEDULE

The show will be performed Friday morning for the students at Heritage Elementary School and  in the evening at 7 pm for the public. On Saturday there will be a 2 pm showcase and a 7 pm show. On Sunday, there will be a show for senior citizens to come and enjoy.

CAST LIST

Patrick Bean (Badger, Prince Charming)
Ethan Bresnay (Pig 3, Dwarf)
Ali Burrow (Gretel)
Anthony Combs – Co-Director (Pig 2, Dwarf)
Nate Davis (Bailiff)
Dayna Dimecurio (Witch)
Jacob Garcia – Stage Manager (Chef)
Kody Giles – Sound
Maddi Helz (Hansel)
Stephanie Herman (Defense Lawyer)
Lauren Johnson (Little Red, Dwarf)
Kasey Julian – Director
Sierra Milbrath (Sleeping Beauty)
Lilly Niehaus (Judge)
Aimee Poirier (Mirror, Boy Who Cried Wolf)
Sammy Reed (Dorothy)
Reid Sellers (Scare Crow)
Alli Smith (Monkey)
Alexis Stalker (Pig 1, Dwarf)
Anna Telesco – Lights
James Thomason (Wolf, Dwarf)
Tess Ware (Snow White)
Megan Waxman (Prosecutor Lawyer)

Ms. Megan Weeks – Producer and Director