Milford Varsity Hockey loses to Farmington Hills on Friday night Feb. 5th

Junior Josh Bauer skates during MHS hockey action.

Benjamin Walsh, Staff Writer

The Mavericks varsity hockey team fell to Farmington Hills in Friday night’s game, 5-1. Senior Chase Spadoni scored that goal assisted by Senior Ryne Silver. This was a hard loss, but didn’t damage the Mavs spirits. The support from the Milford student section helped a lot with keeping the players thinking positively.  The support really helps boost the teams’ spirit and is a great thing to see the school help participate in cheering on the team.

From all the way back to November, the Mavericks Hockey team is constantly proving themselves to be a strong team with ending each game as powerfully as they start it. Each Maverick plays his own important role on the team and proves to his peers. On Friday night’s game, Milford played hard on offense, but Farmington Hills’ speed crumbled the Milford D.

“In the second period we started playing down to their level and didn’t do the things necessary to win,” said Senior Trevor Tori.

Senior Trevor Tori was flying down the ice, proving to be a huge help on the team’s offense. Looking at previous games in the season the Mavs are really performing as one team instead of individual players with impressive team work skills. Though the team is 7-13-1, nearly doubling last year’s win total

With strong leadership, and a lot of support, the hockey players are turning around the season that didn’t start off too well.

1425528_709596455798055_7374870773331165108_nREA_9026-13REA_9034-21IMG_3125IMG_3000 - Copy

Tori was flying down the ice proving to be a huge help on the team’s offense. Looking at the previous games in the season, the Mavs are really performing as one team instead of individual players. With impressive team work skills and strong leadership the Varsity Hockey players will hopefully soon turn the season around.  The team’s next game is at Ann Arbor Skyline on Feb. 17.