Harry Potter Club provides magical experience

Lauren Johnson, Managing Editor

Are you hung up about how your letter from Hogwarts never came for you by owl? Don’t be! Harry Potter Club is now creating the Hogwarts experience right here at Milford High School!

Any fan would feel welcome in the bustling energy of the club, currently about 15 members strong. At the first meeting, members were able to take an online Sorting Hat quiz at pottermore.com to find out what Hogwarts house they would be sorted in: Gryffndor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, or Hufflepuff.

While Gryffndors are typically characterized for their bravery and courage, Slytherins for their ability to act independently, Ravenclaws for intellect and talent, and Hufflepuffs for their loyalty and honesty, the one thing that all members shared was their love for the Potter world.

Cole Zenk, sophomore and Ravenclaw, was eager to join the club. “They set the roster up last year,” he said, “I was one of the first to sign up.” Zenk, along with many other members, told that he’s been a fan for as long as he can remember, reading the books as a child and now watching the movies from time to time.

To quote the seventh book in the series, “After all this time?”

“Always.”

Senior and cofounder of the new club Alli Smith tells that plans for the future of the club include making your own wands, playing Quiddich, competing for the House Cup, and much more magical shenanigans.

Smith founded the club with fellow senior, Ally Carlisle. The two became fast friends last year during lunch, and discovered that their names and their love for Harry Potter were parallel. They thought it would be fun to start a club, so Smith connected with science teacher Ms. Hittle, who is also Potter fan.

“I always liked the belief in magical things and the idea of that fantastical world.” said Smith. While the story itself may be mystical, characters were realistic and fun, allowing Smith and countless other kids to relate and find a home away from home at Hogwarts. Harry Potter club aims to recreate this, and provide students with a fun atmosphere to meet to people and have a great time.

For those interested in joining Harry Potter Club, the club meets every Friday right after school in room 201.