Teen group meets to discuss God’s love

Teens during a worship service.

Shelby Pryjomski

Teens during a worship service.

Shelby Pryjomski, Photo Manager

Teens from White Lake area, the youth group from Epic Life church, are on a mission to be heard. Every Wednesday at 7 p.m., local teens from meet to share the love of God.

Teens posing for a group photo during echo.
Shelby Pryjomski

“The youth group’s mission is to show people God’s love and show they are loved no matter what,” attende and student Janae Dreyer said about the youth group. Echo is focused on making every single person feel welcome. The youth help each to have a good time every single Wednesday.

“The mission of echo has always been to bring teenagers into a passionate and real relationship with Jesus and to help them live out their relationship with Jesus in the real world,” Pastor Jill Dreyer (Janae’s Mother)  said about the teen group she started.

Echo is filled with fun. “One thing I love about Echo is seeing teenagers come together and cheer each other on in life! Also then seeing them experience God’s love for them,” Pastor Dreyer said.

A typical night consists  of chatting and seeing how every single person is doing. They then do a game to open up the service. Up next is talking about a relatable message from the word of God. After that, they then do a worship service. The teens lead the worship ,which is super cool because it shows a big sense of leadership. The last thing on the agenda is a group game! “The best part is getting to do games and interact with the people, and of course seeing how the Bible relates to my life,” Janae Dreyer said.

Echo was started back in 2010. “The ministry group has been around for 10 years under other names but relaunched with new vision, focus and name in 2010,” Pastor Dreyer said.

Echo was started to create a place for teens to come and enjoy each other’s company and of course to learn about the word of God. “Echo is a fun place to learn about you friends and yourself,” Attendee Apryl McDiarmid said.

Many of the attendees have been going for at least 2 years. “I have been going for about three years and it is the highlight of my Wednesday,” attendee Emma Jenkins said.

Epic Life Church is located right near the entrance of a few streets which makes it easy to do outreaches. Some of the streets are Mandon Street and Beechcrest Street. “Sometimes our group does community service and outreaches to help the local community. We do an event every fall called the Edge which is a bunch of games and competitions which leads to a big prize in the end,” Janae Dreyer said.

Echo bulletin.
Shelby Pryjomski
Echo bulletin

Echo is a fun place to learn about your friends and God, so if you are ever in the White Lake area Wednesday night, check it out! It is located at 915 Round Lake Rd, White Lake MI 48386. For more information, check out www.epiclifenow.com!