Milford bowlers roll into a new season

Dylan Riggs, Staff Writer

Bowling may not draw a crowd to its games, but our Milford bowling team is definitely worth watching this upcoming season. Coming off of an 0-15 season, you may not think that at first glance, but once you take a look at all the talent returning, you can see why there is plenty of optimism for our Mavericks. There is actually one good thing about a winless season; the only way to go is up.

This season, many of the players are optimistic, such as varsity sophomore Mike Smith. Smith expects, “a lot of strikes and a lot of improvement. We have a lot of returning juniors, so we look good this season.”

As of right now, the varsity team is 1-6, but the JV team is flashing its talent with a 7-1 start to the year as they roll right through the rest of the league. This could promise great things for the upcoming seasons with such a talented young team.

Another sophomore, Chris Roscoe, wants to continue the JV team’s hot start to the season, “We are hoping to win as many meets as possible and take first place. We are hoping to keep it going.”

What many people seem to think is that bowling isn’t much of a sport. These people are completely wrong. Bowling requires so much knowledge in many different facets of the game; many people don’t realize how much thought is required. “Some people would say it isn’t a sport, but bowling is a fun and good way to go out and socialize while feeling like part of a team,” said Roscoe.

For the doubters of bowling, Smith says, “It is really fun. You need to try it actually. You don’t even have to be great at bowling to make the team.”

Bowling is a great way to meet new people and just have fun. “The best part of bowling would be the friendships and time spent with the people who have the same interest as you,” said Roscoe, ¨It is fun to just go out and bowl with friends and have a great time.”

Wish our bowlers luck this season as they already have improved on their record last season. Better yet, go out and bowl on your own! It is a guaranteed way to have fun even if you don’t expect it.