MHS students excited over Cubs World Series win

Elise Carr, Co-Sports Editor

The Chicago Cubs just shattered their 108-year streak of not winning the World Series. They won 8-7 in game 7 after 10 innings.

The whole city of Chicago is still amazed after the win on Nov. 3rd. Fans are still in shock that their team just broke the streak. You don’t have to live in Chicago to be a Cubs fan. Senior Derek Horne is an excellent example.

“Although I’ve only been a Cubs fan for about 4 weeks, I support them more than I thought I would,” Horne states. “They have such a rich history, the Cubs curse made me believe that they should and would win the World Series.”

Not all fans from Milford are bandwagon either. Senior Natalie Herrington has been a fan the last two years.

“I’ve been a fan of the Cubs since I went to a Tigers game and they were playing them,” Herrington states. “The way they played drew me in and I’ve been a fan ever since.”

It’s amazing that the Cubs won after a 108-year losing streak. What’s even better is that they came back after a 3-1 deficit.

“It’s awesome that they won from a 3-1 deficit to the Cleveland Indians after the Cleveland Cavaliers won from a 3-1 deficit to Golden State in Basketball,” Horne stated. Overcoming these deficits in the four major sports is rare. Only five teams have ever come back from this deficit in the World Series. 

Many fans are looking forward to the Cubs’ future.

“It’s a growing program and I can’t wait to see what their future entails,” Horne said. “Especially Arrieta, he’s a dope pitcher.”

There’s many more wins in the Cubs’ future. More memories, more fans, more trophies. Congratulations Cubs,  you won the World Series.