Free Math Tutoring After School

Jordan Misaros, Staff Writer

Milford High School will now offer after school math tutoring every Wednesday and Thursday to students who need it.

Today, most student tutors charge up to $15 an hour, and some certified teachers can charge up to $60 an hour. This free after school tutoring offers a great alternative to get help and save money.The tutoring is officially being run by Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Prior. The tutoring occurs every Wednesday and Thursday from 2:15 to 3:15 in room 104. Student tutors will also be available soon.

“I think it’s really useful,” said Junior Alexis Pawlusiak. “It’s a great opportunity for a lot of students who need help but don’t want to get it directly from their teachers.”

It doesn’t matter what math class a student is taking, the tutoring spans any level of math available at Milford High School. This includes anything from Algebra 1 to Calculus or Trig.

“Its nice because it offers a different perspective from another teacher or student if you’re struggling learning from your usual teacher,” said Johnson.

Johnson urges students to come on Wednesdays and/or Thursdays after getting help from your normal teachers on other days. They also suggest bringing friends to encourage more people to seek help if they need it.