Meet our new Media Technician

Maddie Melody, Assistant Managing Editor

The media center at Milford High School is one of the most vibrant places in the building. Not only is it home to the Career Center, computer labs and handy phone chargers, but it is also full of fun displays and colorful walls, even adaptive learning tools such as whiteboard tables. Now, we have another edition to our great library: Media Technician, Fallon Pawley.

Former Media Technician Kelsey Breen has been working at Milford High School for six years. After receiving her teaching certification, Breen was moved to the classroom, where she teaches many classes such as Ed Gen 1 and 2, Adult Living, Interior Design, and Health. This position opened when Elizabeth Suminski took over as an assistant principal.

When Breen was moved into the classroom shortly after the 2021-2022 school year began, she knew exactly who to call when considering who the school should choose to fill her position.

Pawley, while attending Oakland Community College, interned with Breen in the winter of 2020, right before COVID-19. “I think she is great for our media center. She’s young and offers a hip vibe to our school,” stated Breen.

Pawley recently earned her degree in Library Technical Sciences from Oakland Community College, and after, spent time working at the Clarkston Public Library and the Farmington Community Library. She also worked in a daycare for many years. “I love watching children of any age grow,” said Pawley. This speaks to her character as she is trying to further update the Media Center, and make it an even better learning environment.

So far, Pawley has started to take out older, unpopular books from the 1980’s and earlier. She also began a front display, where you can find all of the best books in Milford’s Collection. Currently, it features biographies of public figures from all time periods in history.

Pawley has also added other great additions such as weekly positive quotes around her desk. One of the most notable things she has done is digitize all of the yearbooks as far back as possible.

Overall, “My favorite part of the job has been getting to meet everyone and getting to help students fall back in love with reading after the library was closed for the beginning of the year,” said Pawley.

Make sure to stop by and see Pawley between 7a.m. and 3 p.m. to see all of the great things she has done so far!