Coronavirus Fashion Fads: What are students wearing?

Pictured above is senior Jake Miller. He calls this quarantine look “Bottom of the drawer fit.” Miller is pictured wearing an outfit he put together with clothes that were, well, at the bottom of his drawer. Miller says his words of wisdom for his outfit choice was: “I think my closets bipolar because it kept throwing fits at me.”

Bella Reynolds, Sports Editor

Without assuming too much about your life, it is probably safe to say that recently you have been spending most of your time in sweatpants or pajamas. If you ladies are lucky, maybe leggings, and men, maybe jeans. Now for the majority of us, we are also finding any reason to slip into “real” clothes, whether that may be to run to the grocery store, the dog park, or even the gas station down the street. Whatever it may be, it is clear that the quarantine and stay-at-home order has probably influenced what you may wear on a daily basis, or how you may now think about clothes. At Milford High School students have developed their own quarantine style, and many show their fashion sense below:

Next is current sophomore Delaney Muncy. Muncy calls this look her “Dressed sporty, but definitely not working out.” Her best fashion advice: “It was too hot for sweatpants, so running shorts became my new normal!”

Above is current Junior Ethan Ostin. Pictured wearing a jersey from The University of Michigan, supporting American basketball player Trey Burke. Ostin calls this look “Baller for life,”and his words of wisdom are “If you wear cowboy clothes, you are ranch dressing.”

Pictured is current junior Savannah Wood. She calls her look “Milford Gear.” Wood’s best fashion statement is: “Sometimes when you have nothing else to do, and you miss school so much, you dress in Milford gear.”
Pictured left to right are current juniors Ethan Young, Tommy Damon, and Dustin Cummins. The boys call their look “Corona took our season,”and what they have to say is “No virus can stop us from doing what we love.”
Pictured is current junior Connor Heitman. He calls his look “Tropic Tee with athleisure shorts”. His fashion statement is: “Today I am wearing a Tropical Tee shirt from somewhere down south, a summertime favorite for me, paired with these shorts that I “borrowed” from Victor Elicerio. If I need to go outside for a fun summer adventure, I’ll throw on a pair of sandals and be ready for anything.”
Pictured is current junior Alena Johnson. She calls her look “It’s hot and humid outside.” With the current temperature of 83 degrees, Johnson pairs her look with the statement of: “I have a huge research paper due and I’m stuck inside.”

Finally, showing the worst fashion sense as usual, is English Teacher Rob Hamilton, who was forced into this quarantine fashion show after foolishly suggesting the story idea. Hamilton is sporting his “Stealing from John Krasinski” look. He wears a shirt (unironed) and a tie that was probably bought 10 years ago. This getup is so that Hamilton can attempt to appear professional for important Zoom meetings to which he is never invited. However, the bottom half of his attire screams lazy with old shorts and ankle socks. Honestly, he has dressed worse while actually teaching at MHS. The most important part of quarantine clothing is to be comfortable and wear what makes you happy. After all, when times are stressful, what you wear should be the last thing you worry about.