Students Going on Summer Vacations

Jack+Preston+diving+at+Morada+Dive+Site+in+the+Atlantic+Ocean+

Photo by Natalie Preston

Jack Preston diving at Morada Dive Site in the Atlantic Ocean

Megan Casler, Staff Writer

Whether one stays in Michigan, takes a road trip across the country, or travels across the world, he/she can make the greatest memories. Many students this year took fantastic trips over the summer, in and out of the country.

Senior, Madison Hinman, was part of the Michigan Ambassadors Europe Tour. She and about eight other MHS band members were nominated by the band director, Mrs. McDiarmid, to take this trip, but only four went.

They stayed at Grand Valley State University prior to this trip for three days in order to rehearse the music.

While in Europe, these students traveled to seven different countries (England, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, and Germany) in just 16 days.

They performed at four different venues along the way.

One of Hinman’s favorites was in front of the Windsor Castle. While in Austria, Hinman celebrated her 17th birthday, which she described as “such an amazing experience!” Hinman, along with the other students, had an unforgettable time while on this tour.

“This trip was full of so many outstanding memories and people that I will truly cherish the rest of my life,” Madison said.

Senior, Cameron Whitney, traveled to Alaska for a cruise for a total of eight days. “I had to go because it was my grandparents 50th anniversary,” he said. Although he was forced to go, he said it was a cool experience.

Whitney did a variety of activities while on and off the cruise, but his favorite was whitewater rafting, even though the water was quite cold.

The time spent off the cruise was a lot of sightseeing.

There were many hikes on this trip and there was many miles walked within the eight days spent here.

Sophomore, Jack Preston, went to the Florida Keys this summer in July. The main reason his family went was for scuba diving, which was an amazing experience.

Preston was certified for scuba diving last year in the beginning of August at the Islamorada Dive Center in Florida.

He really enjoyed this trip and everything that was involved with it. “My favorite part was seeing a sea turtle up close and petting a shark,” he said.

There wasn’t much else that was done on this trip besides scuba diving. “That was the sole purpose of going.” Jack’s time spent in the Keys was incredible!

Although these are only three of them, many students throughout Milford High School went on fantastic trips this summer.