Students have a ‘blast” at new activity night

Rachel Thompson, Staff Writer

Milford High School decided to create a new event instead of the traditional Winterfest this year to help raise money for the sophomores for their senior prom. The past few formal dances did not create enough buzz to sell many tickets, so there were a few changes made.

The event was no longer formal, but there was still dancing, along with laser tag, a giant slide, jousting, free pizza, and a room for video games. The goal was to appeal to different groups of students so that everyone felt comfortable, and it ended up working perfectly!

Junior and spirited leadership student Cami Munce said that her favorite part from the whole experience would have to be the laser tag. “It was new, fun, and I think everyone enjoyed it, so they should definitely include that next year.”

Other students agreed.

“You’ve never heard of a high school having laser tag at their dance before,” sophomore student council member, Courtney Fortin agrees with Munce, and also says that the class of 2018 was able to raise just under $3,000 for their prom in two years!

As for the negative side of things, it was agreeable among many students that the line for laser tag was just too long, and it was not very well known that there was a video game room, bu it would have been a big hit.

For the year of 2016 being the first ever “MavBlast,” it went well overall and it is predictable that next year more people will want to be a part of it. And as for future event coming up at Milford, we hope to see you all at MavBall on March 17!