Saturday’s Mav Blast provides more entertainment options

As a part of Spirit Week, many students as staff dressed as twins on Thursday.

Ryan Swindlehurst, Staff Writer

Over the last few years, there have been declining numbers of people who have been going to Winterfest for Milford, and to try to increase the popularity of the event, Student Council and Leadership have changed it up a little bit.

In 2016, Milford will be hosting its first ever Mav Blast! The new Mav Blast will include pizza, laser tag, video games, a dance, and other activities.

Leadership Teacher Dave Gilbert wanted to make it more fun, cheaper, and provide pizza so more people are encouraged to go.

The Leadership class discussed new ways to get more people to come out to the dance and decided to add more entertainment options.

In past years, Winterfest has used themes along with it not being casual, but this year they are doing their theme as neon, where people will be under a black light and are encouraged to wear white or neon clothing. It will also be casual in hopes that more people see it as a fun time, rather than a dance that is filled with pressure of finding a date. Often times, if a student doesn’t find a date, he or she doesn’t even feel compelled to attend.

With a casual-themed dance, the hope is that people are more loose, maybe coming with a group of friends to play games and have fun. But there is still an actual dance for the people who are bringing a date.

Students will be able to enjoy laser tag, game competitions, pizza, a dance, and more all for just $10. Dances like Homecoming costed $20 per ticket, or 2 for $35. 

Mav Blast will be on Saturday, Feb. 6th from 7 to 10 p.m. Tickets can be bought all week during lunches and will be available at the door. 

CaYI_hJUUAM-e5F CaYqxAQUAAAFaN7 CaYpk57UAAAKG_C

CaYhvYLVAAAqNrM CaY2n2oWwAA_-1d CaZBvg6W4AIR7JQ