Getting Started With Spanish Club

Camerin Munce, Community Editor

The fall season brings about tons of different opportunities for students to get involved around Milford High school. One opportunity in specific that started up again recently is Spanish Club. Run by Senora Alfaro, this year has the most participants in the club than ever before. Tuesday, Nov. 10 was the first event that the Spanish Club arranged of many future events to come. Students participating in this club gathered to make salsa and get to know each other.

¨It was fun to get together and meet everybody that we are going to be working with for the duration of the year,¨ Said Katy Trame, a Milford Sophomore.

“ I can’t even make mac n’ cheese but it was fun trying to make the salsa,” said another Milford Sophomore Mya Zeese.

Whether you came to try the salsa or just have fun, The salsa party was a definite success that sets a positive tone for future events hosted by Spanish Club.

However, Spanish Club is much more than just kids getting together to eat food. The Milford Spanish club plans to head down to Detroit to help aid young students apart of a program called ¨Ël Sueno” which is designed to help students that are in struggling families.

¨I think that while it’s sad that we aren’t apart of Milford Miracles anymore, this is better for the club because all of the students primarily speak spanish so we get a chance to practice our language skills while still giving back,¨ said Sophia Heika, Milford sophomore..

This year of events hosted by Spanish Club looks to be bright. The year has just begun but they are already hard at work. We will check back in with Spanish Club throughout the year and keep you updated on future events and plans.