Excitement builds for Stranger Things

The Today Show

Released screenshot from the upcoming season.

Chloe Mobley, Assistant Editor

The first three seasons of the incredibly intricate series titled Stranger Things have been full of different plot lines that are amazingly intertwined, pulling in the interests of many different Milford High School students for years.
“There’s nothing else quite like this show,” Senior Anna Adkins shared that she loves the science-fiction show because it is so different from anything else she has watched and so thoughtfully developed.
Set in the 80’s and heavily based on the board game Dungeons and Dragons, the show brings a new and incredibly interesting perspective to watch for students.
The much anticipated fourth season of the well-known show written and directed by The Duffer Brothers will come out on Netflix in its first volume on May 27, 2022. Many fans, left on a cliffhanger at the finale of season 3, are eagerly waiting for more from the brothers.
The “Upside Down”, which makes up much of the conflict of the show, has been described as a world much like the real one, only dark, cold, and more prone to the creatures that antagonize the characters. The show takes place in Hawkins, Indiana which has many portals to the Upside Down that cause the characters trouble. The show proves itself to be scarier and more suspenseful each season as it was intended, and The Duffer Brothers have promised Season 4 will not disappoint as the scariest yet!
(Spoilers Ahead) In case you’re in need of a recap, the last season ended with one of the most beloved characters of the series, Police Chief of Hawkins, Indiana Jim Hopper (David Harbour) possibly dying.
“I am most excited to find out where Hopper is and if he is okay,” Adkins shared about the upcoming season.
Since we’ve seen many other characters who were presumed dead, such as Will Byers in the first season, eventually return from their entrapment in the Upside Down, we cannot assume that Hop-per is truly gone forever.
The Duffer Brothers have released a series of teasers to the new season, one showing Hopper with a newly shaved head, leading fans to believe that he was imprisoned by the Russians at the end of Season 3.
They also have released that the new season will include an array of brand new characters as well as the return of the ones we currently know and love.
Many share the sense of having grown up with the characters since they are so well-developed around the age range of many students to this day.
For instance, Millie Bobby Brown, who portrays Eleven in the show and started the series at 12 years old, has just recently turned 18 along with much of the senior class at Milford.
The Duffer Brothers have officially announced that the end of the series is near, as the second volume of season 4 will be released on Jul. 1, 2022.
They also announced that the fifth season of the series will be the last.
Milford High School students are sitting on the edge of their seats awaiting this fourth season and more to come from The Duffer Brothers.