Best Netflix shows to watch

Best Netflix shows to watch

Mike Smith, Staff Writer

As summer and warm weather comes to an end, more and more people are trapped inside their homes to bear through the winter. Why spend time with your family, when you can watch Netflix!

The online movie and tv show streaming service has become a hit throughout the world for people looking to watch classic movies and tv shows, or pass the time with whatever Netflix  recommends.However  what is recommended is not always what you want to watch, and Netflix is a huge site with a massive collection of varying media. So what do students and teachers recommend for their fellow Mavs?

Comedies like Parks and Rec, It’s Always Sunny in Philidelphia, Trailer Park Boys,and The Office are mainstays that many students have enjoyed.

“These shows are hilarious!” said Milford sophomore Izzy Quane “ The Office follows a group of coworkers going through their lives at Dunder Mifflin, a fictional paper company. The show points mocks the mundane work of many 9-5 jobs. “They have great characters, plots, and jokes,” she said. Quane also mentioned shows such as Friends and That 70s Show

Movie comedy classics are all over Netflix such as Tommy Boy, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and The Little Rascals. Tommy boy follows the journey of a wealthy car parts maker son to sell parts to auto stores after his father’s death and the looming fate of being bought out by another company.

More of a person interested in more serious dramas? Netflix has an abundant amount of choices. “Grey’s Anatomy, Narcos, and Hawaii five-0. Just to name a few of my favorites tv shows,”  said sophomore Bailey Pattinson, “They convey a huge amount of emotion and depth, and are very intriguing.” Grey’s Anatomy is a fictionalized show following nurses in their day to day lives in a hospital. It is one of the most popular shows today and has won countless awards for its great story and acting.

When interviewed about his favorite dramatic movies sophomore Dylan Riggs talked about The Siege of Jadotville “It’s a compelling tale about a true story with lots of action and drama. Movies like “The finest Hour” are also very good, he said.

Dramatic movies are known to be rather boring and deal with heavy subjects, but every now and then a bit of action can go a long way.

“Action movies don’t always have to be good to be enjoyable,”said sophomore Spencer O’Neil, he did nothing but praise Big Trouble in Little China.

¨The movie is a great mix of action, comedy, and 80’s fun.¨ O’neil mentioned other movies including, The Fast and Furious, and Top Gun.

English teacher Mr. McLeod mentioned favorites like Good Will Hunting ,and Stranger Things. McLeod said , “Good Will Hunting is a very good story about growing up and dealing with problems, and Stranger Things is an instant sci-fi drama classic.

Netflix has many choices for tv and movies and these are the top recommendations fellow Mavs give you. Some of my personal tv recommendations are  Friday Night Lights, the drama about a highschool football team, and  Flash the show about the DC superhero. Some of my favorite movies are The Finest Hour, the incredible true story, The Big Short the award winning drama about the wall street collapse of 2008, and Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey, a cult classic about a couple of losers going through time with a phone booth to interview historic figures. Now go watch Netflix and ignore your responsibilities.