Who will win the presidential nominations?

Nathan Grigereit, Staff Writer

At the beginning of the every news broadcast lately, the presidential candidates are the top story. This group of candidates is one of the largest in recent history, especially in the Republican party. In both parties, there have been conflict between candidates. These differences have lead to a separation of ideas in each party.

As of February 16th, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have led the polls in both parties. Donald Trump leads the Republican polls with 31.7% percent of the vote and in the Democratic poll Hillary has lead, with 49.0% percent of the vote. The runners up to Donald Trump is Marco Rubio, who is leading in second place at 20.3% and Ted Cruz in third place with 19.7%. In the Democratic party the runner up to Hillary Clinton is Bernie Sanders, who has 35.3%.

“Bernie Sanders is the best candidate because he has good ideas about reduced college costs and he supports the legalization of marijuana,” said Dan Onofrio, a Sophomore at MHS. Onofrio likes him because he is honest and trustworthy. He also supports Bernie because he believes that he has good ideas about how to run the government and how to improve our economy. When asked about how he feels about the other candidates he said, “The other candidates are not suitable to lead this country.”

Other students are leaning toward other candidates.

“Donald Trump is the best candidate because he isn’t afraid to speak his mind and to make change,” said Hunter Bartholomew, a sophomore at MHS. He thinks that the other candidates “are not going to bring enough change to the country.”

This presidential campaign will most likely be remembered for years to come. It will most likely be remembered for the extreme ideological differences between each of thecandidates.

The next primary occurs today, where a dozen states will make their decision for both the Republican and Democratic parties. The Michigan primaries are on March 8th.